- Free copies of Merci Suárez Changes Gears given out to families
- Presentation and audience Q&A with Meg Medina
- Book sale, signing*, meet the author
- Bus scholarships available for student groups, contact email@example.com.
- Order a copy of Merci Suárez Changes Gears from Blue Willow Bookshop and pick it up at the event
- Free and open to the public
The 2019/2020 Cool Brains! Reading Series presents Newbury Medal winning author Meg Medina, reading from her novel Merci Suárez Changes Gears.
Merci Suárez is a 6th grader who’s navigating life the best way she knows how to featuring family, friends, frenemies – ripped off eyebrows – and all. In this funny and coming-of-age novel, Medina examines how cultures intersect, the confusion and constant change that defines middle school, and the steadfast connection that defines family.
Meg Medina is an award-winning and New York Times bestselling author who writes picture books, middle grade, and young adult fiction. Her books have been called “heartbreaking,” “lyrical,” and “must-haves for every collection.” When she is not writing, she is a community service advocate for projects that support girls, Latino youth, and literacy.
*Please note that the book signing will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon entering the theater, people wishing to have books signed will be given a number, and the book signing will take place in numerical order after the on-stage presentation.
To learn more about Meg Medina, click here.