Please note that this is an online workshop conducted via Zoom. Participants will be provided information on how to join the online sessions.
No one can share your stories better than you
Your experiences are absolutely unique to you. No one can tell your stories the way you can. In this 8-week creative nonfiction workshop, we will
- Read contemporary creative nonfiction
- Do fun, inspiring generative writing in class
- Provide written feedback for each member, and
- address revision as a form of play.
Some of the writers who will inspire us in the course are Ross Gay, Marie Mutsuki Mockett, and Katherine May. The class is open to writers at any level of experience.
What you will get out of this experience is
- a community of writers
- several new rough drafts that you may decide to refine
- an introduction to several authors of creative nonfiction
- written oral and feedback for one of your own essays (or an excerpt) that you choose, and
- the desire to continue writing.
You have waited long enough.