« All Events
Please note that this is an online workshop conducted via Zoom. Participants will be provided information on how to join the online sessions.
No one can share your stories better than you
Your experiences are absolutely unique to you. No one can tell your stories the way you can. In this 8-week creative nonfiction workshop, we will
- Read contemporary creative nonfiction
- Do fun, inspiring generative writing in class
- Provide written feedback for each member, and
- address revision as a form of play.
Some of the writers who will inspire us in the course are Ross Gay, Marie Mutsuki Mockett, and Katherine May. The class is open to writers at any level of experience.
What you will get out of this experience is
- a community of writers
- several new rough drafts that you may decide to refine
- an introduction to several authors of creative nonfiction
- written oral and feedback for one of your own essays (or an excerpt) that you choose, and
- the desire to continue writing.
You have waited long enough.
About the instructor
ROBIN REAGLER is the author of Dear Red Airplane, Teeth & Teeth, Into The The, and the forthcoming Night Is This Anyway which comes out this March. For 22 years, she led Writers in the Schools (WITS), as well as the national WITS Alliance. She won prizes such as the Charlotte Mew Award, selected by Pulitzer Prize winner, Natalie Diaz, and the UK’s Best Book Award. She is an English professor at Houston Community College and the Board Chair of LitNet, the national advocacy group for the literary sector.
Please note that the registration fee and tuition for online workshops are nonrefundable. By registering for an Inprint Writers Workshop you are agreeing to Inprint’s registration policies. If this workshop is full when you try to register, please sign up on the waiting list here so you receive priority registration the next time this class is offered. For details and a schedule of all the current workshop offerings, click here.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar